- How long has the Camp been in existence?
- Is the camp accredited?
- What’s the meaning of the name Woodcraft?
- Who are the key administrators?
- Where does your staff come from?
- What kind of training does your staff receive?
- Where do most campers come from?
- How big is the camp?
- How will I know how they are doing?
- Is there a parent’s day?
- How do we keep in touch with our campers?
- How much choice is there in terms of activities?
- What is your philosophy in terms of competition?
- Is it unusual for campers to come to camp without a friend?
- What is the food like?
- What time do the campers go to bed?
- Will there be any additional fees?
- What about Health Insurance Coverage?
- What kind of medical facilities and personnel are available?
- What is your Waterfront safety program?
- What is the system for laundry?
- Are religious services available?
- How do campers get to and from Camp?
- Is financial aid available?
- How can I find out more?
- What are the costs?
Where does your staff come from?
AWC staff members are carefully selected. We have very low counselor turnover and most new counselors are either ex-campers or are recommended by former counselors and parents. Although many counselors are in college, we also employ professional educators, some of whom have been associated with the Camp for many years, to fill key positions. AWC also participates in international exchange programs that add to the international flavor of the camp and bring in counselors from around the world.