- How long has the Camp been in existence?
- Is the camp accredited?
- What’s the meaning of the name Woodcraft?
- Who are the key administrators?
- Where does your staff come from?
- What kind of training does your staff receive?
- Where do most campers come from?
- How big is the camp?
- How will I know how they are doing?
- Is there a parent’s day?
- How do we keep in touch with our campers?
- How much choice is there in terms of activities?
- What is your philosophy in terms of competition?
- Is it unusual for campers to come to camp without a friend?
- What is the food like?
- What time do the campers go to bed?
- Will there be any additional fees?
- What about Health Insurance Coverage?
- What kind of medical facilities and personnel are available?
- What is your Waterfront safety program?
- What is the system for laundry?
- Are religious services available?
- How do campers get to and from Camp?
- Is financial aid available?
- How can I find out more?
- What are the costs?
How long has the Camp been in existence?
The Camp was founded in 1925 and is one of the oldest camps in America. In its 80 plus years only two families have owned and operated Woodcraft. The Camp was founded and by William “Chief” Abbott who ran the Camp for 50 years. He passed on his legacy to the Leach family in 1976. The Leaches were neighbors, and had been involved in the Camp under Mr. Abbott. The Leach family has run Woodcraft since 1976. The Camp has existed in harmony with its wild surroundings and its lakes and lands remain much as they were when the Camp was founded